So, I had a great weekend. While I didn’t get as much reading as I would have liked, it was still nice. What I did accomplish:
- Caught up on my reading through the Bible which meant 27 OT chapters, 10 NT chapter & 15 Psalms. Now I just need to stay on top of it & not get so behind again.
- Almost finished Cutting for Stone… I’m about 20 pages from the end. I loved this book – look for a review soon.
- Since I didn’t finish my current read, that means no second book. Oh well.
One great unplanned surprise was a trip to my hometown library for its book sale.While this was good for me, it was not so good for my 24 Challenge. But, who can just walk away from such great deals? This is what I picked up:
- Spooner by Pete Dexter
- The Known World by Edward P. Jones (on my TBR Challenge list)
- Ya-Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells (I started this as an audio & was so disappointed when I realized it was only ‘select chapters,’ so now I can finish it.)
- The Tale of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (I’ve been on the fence about this one, read good & bad reviews, but I figure for $2, I’ll give the first 50 pages a try.)
Anyway, these four books were only $6!! And three were hardback.
Powered by Facebook Comments